Postponed by Keynsham Cultural Consortia, Keynsham Town Council and Bath & North East Somerset Council as a mark of respect in light of yesterday’s news of the Queen’s passing. We are currently working hard to reschedule the event and more information will be shared in due course.
A brand new THEATRE WALK from award-winning theatre company Show of Strength. Kings and Commoners in Keynsham tells our town’s story like never before!
People have lived and worked and played and prayed in Keynsham for over 2,000 years. One of the greatest monasteries of medieval England stood here, and one of the largest villas in Roman Britain. And the evidence is all around, including on the High Street – you just have to know where to look.
Keynsham, visited by Kings and ruled by commoners.
Starting at St John’s Church our new walk explores some fascinating stories and people including three ghosts – and the King Who Never Was.
- Meet/start: St John the Baptist Church entrance, Keynsham, BS31 2BL.
- Tour takes place outdoors and ends near Bath Hill East Car Park.
- Suitable for children aged 12+.
- Lasts: approx. 2 hours.
- Cost: FREE for Keynsham Heritage Open Days only.
- Dates/Times: POSTPONED by Keynsham Cultural Consortia, Keynsham Town Council and Bath & North East Somerset Council as a mark of respect in light of yesterday’s news of the Queen’s passing. We are saddened that the sessions on Friday, Saturday and Sunday are unable to take place but are working hard to reschedule the event and more information will be shared in due course.
Show Of Strength Theatre Company’s first walk, FRANKENSTEIN IN BATH, was launched in 2016 to mark the 200th anniversary of Mary Shelley writing her novel in the city. It won Best Live Performance at 2017’s Creative Bath Awards. BLOOD AND BUTCHERY IN BEDMINSTER got Best Of Bristol 2018/Theatre from Bristol24/7. See www.showofstrength.org.uk.
More information on the Heritage Open Days website.