Do you have an event or activity you want to run in Keynsham?
As part of the Keynsham Local Cultural Programme, the Keynsham Cultural Consortium is offering annual grants to fund community-led pop-up events, workshops, performances and installations.
In 2021-22, we supported local artists Little Lost Robot and Kate McGregor-Michael. Together, they ran family art workshops and created a temporary window installation paying tribute to Keynsham’s lost medieval abbey.
We are now inviting applications for the 2022-23 round of small grants. We are looking for proposals for new events and activities which reflect the vibrant culture, history, traditions, places and people of Keynsham. The Town Centre has experienced immense change over the years – how should we remember the past, share new perspectives on the place we live in, and imagine new futures together?
Eligible activities may include (but are not limited to):
- Public workshops
- Performance and theatre
- Installations and exhibitions
- Fairs and festivals
- Talks and lectures
We invite applicants to apply for up to £2,000 (inclusive of all fees and expenses). The Cultural Consortium, made up of local cultural representatives, will select successful applicants based on the below criteria. You must deliver your event or activity by the end of February 2023. We will announce a subsequent round of funding for 2024.
What we’re looking for
We’re keen to support any creators and community groups who think outside the box and want to energise Keynsham’s cultural scene. However, there are four things that we’d love to see in your application:
- Local: We will prioritise artists and community groups with a connection to Keynsham.
- Co-creation: We’re especially interested in different artists or community groups working together and sharing their skills to make something new.
- Innovation: We can support brand new ideas or the development of existing events and activities, but we cannot fund events that are unchanged from previous years.
- Location: Events and activities can be indoors or outdoors, but must take place in and around the Keynsham HS HAZ area (see map below). We are especially keen to support events taking place in Temple Street, Market Walk and the Riverside Square.
What we can offer
As well as offering funding, we can help you with:
- Support to identify collaborators and venues within Keynsham
- Guidance on event organisation
- Ongoing promotion as part of Keynsham’s Local Cultural Programme
- Support in expanding your event for subsequent years
How to apply
There are four main questions in the application form. Please answer questions as fully as you can. If you are successful, we can work with you to develop your plan in greater depth.
Applications are open until 11.59pm on 15 May 2022, and selected proposals will be announced on 8 May 2022.
We encourage applications from people from backgrounds currently underrepresented in the cultural sector, including youth groups, people from low-income backgrounds, people with disabilities, and people from Black, Asian and ethnically diverse backgrounds.
We want to make our open calls accessible to all. Please don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need additional support with your application, or if you want to apply in an alternative format.