What is Keynsham’s HS HAZ?
Keynsham’s HS HAZ is a partnership programme between Historic England, B&NES and Keynsham Town Council. We want to make the most of the history and heritage of Keynsham. By focusing on these unique aspects, we hope to generate economic growth and improve quality of life in the town centre.
This is a 4 year programme due to finish in March 2024. We are now in the second year of the programme which has started slightly late due to the pandemic in 2019.
Through this programme we will enhance Keynsham’s conservation area to create a more attractive, engaging and vibrant High Street. The HS HAZ Programme will:
- increase awareness of and participation with the HS HAZ programme,
- improve perceptions of and personal connections with the high street and wider 20 minute surrounding area,
- encourage participation and engagement with Keynsham’s historic High Street through a wide and diverse offer,
- grow a sense of civic pride, encourage community buy-in to market Keynsham as a destination market town to visit & enjoy,
- demonstrate how investment in historic High Streets can help the economy recover from the impact of Covid-19 and with levelling up.
- work towards the removal of Keynsham conservation area from Historic England’s Heritage at Risk Register.
Where is Keynsham’s High Street Heritage Action Zone?
Keynsham’s HS HAZ area is outlined on this map.
- Upper HS in Pink
- Core HS in Blue
- Top of Temple Street in Yellow